We specialize in personalized one-on-one instruction, from standardized test preparation to classwork help to personal education for home school students and professionals. Honors Educational Services is a member of the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) and committed to ethical guidance in the college admissions process.
Meet the Founder
A graduate of Northwestern University and a Professional Member of the Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA), Megan Hyndman has worked as a tutor, writer and editor for over twenty years.
After almost a decade working in Los Angeles, Megan grew frustrated
with the lack of inside knowledge and experience so many other companies brought to the table and wanted to provide a better quality of tutoring. Honors Educational Services was founded with the sole
intention of providing personalized instruction to as many students as possible, with knowledgeable, experienced tutors. After 20 years in California, Megan and her family moved to the Raleigh-Durham area of North Carolina, expanding our services to both coasts. We are proud to be a small, family-run company that truly cares about our students, tutors, and families!
Why choose Honors Educational Services?
- A tutoring company is only as good as its tutors. While all our tutors have high SAT scores and GPAs, unlike most companies, those aren’t our main hiring criteria. We choose our tutors based primarily on their one-on-one teaching abilities, their personalities, and their commitment to each student’s success. Our tutors aren’t just smart, they actually know how to teach.
- Truly personalized instruction. Most other companies require you to purchase a set number of hours, complete a prearranged program, or fill out the same worksheets as everyone else. We tailor instruction to fit every student. While we do have a unique and comprehensive manual for test preparation programs, vocab lists, and other resources, if one approach isn’t working, we try another. It’s your child, your money, and your program.
What You Get
- Personalized service from experienced tutors that truly care about your student
- There is no set curriculum, magic formula, or one size fits all approach – we tailor each program to meet each student’s needs and abilities.
- Personal consultation with our founder
- Our founder will personally review your student’s information and test scores to develop a plan for success, ensure a good tutor match, and answer any and all questions you may have.
- The resources and experience of a company with the personalization of individuals
- The best results come from a strong rapport between tutor and student - but a company can provide the security of a background check and the resources to help assist both tutor and student.